Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi There
Hi there all,

My name is John and I came to your session last Saturday and played an enjoyable game of 'Oh what a Tanker'.

I will be coming again on the 3rd November and am looking to join in or organise a game.

I haven't played much in the way of miniatures for a bit, but have lots of 15mm Ancients, a reasonable amount of 10mm/12mm WW2 and some 15mm Renaissance. I also have a few bits and pieces in 25/28mm.

John Medhurst
Hi John

I will be doing a 15mm ancients battle at next meet using Field of Glory version 2 rules, there might be a space in the game as currently 3 of us are confirmed to play and just waiting to hear back from a friend to see if they will be attending.

If the space is not filled would you like to get involved?
Welcome John.

We also have a very robust FoGR group - about a dozen of us - and we are just about to complete an "average joes" tournament (Italian Wars period), with an expanded version scheduled for next year, and have also just started an ECW campaign. What armies do you have?

Also, if you look down to the Members' section at the bottom of the page, you will see that we are in the process of having some dice made, appropriate to our individual armies. Not compulsory, but might appeal to you....
Thanks, joining in with the FOG v2 sounds good if you still have space for a 4th. I haven't played FOG v2, though I played quite a bit of FOG v1.

I do have some renaissance but have never played FOG-R, though I have the ruleset. I have always been fascinated by Renaissance, since I had the George Gush book, but never really got any armies - I have an ECW army in 15mm and can do things like Ottomans that transfer from ancient.
Hi John

You are welcome to join in on 3rd, it's a 10am start that day.

Obviously look for me on the day, i'm the good looking bloke in the picture on this post.
Game is most likely be a game involving successor armies but all you need to bring is yourself, ideally a dozen six sided dice and tape or measure sticks in inches. I have a cheat sheet you can use on the day.
(10-26-2018, 09:21 AM)john_m Wrote:  I do have some renaissance but have never played FOG-R, though I have the ruleset.  I have always been fascinated by Renaissance, since I had the George Gush book, but never really got any armies - I have an ECW army in 15mm and can do things like Ottomans that transfer from ancient.

When you're down on the 3rd, do step over to the Bavarians v Turks game and say hello to Paul Marsh and me. Almost every FoGR player at the club cut their Renaissance teeth on George Gush, and those rules are still played, so we can maybe sort you out a game for another time. Everyone is happy to lend armies, so you can try out any Renaissance slot you like and most of us have ECW armies, too. So bring your diary!