Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New blood
Hi Guy's

It was great to meet some of you on Saturday, if only briefly, and apologies if I didn't get a chance to meet you so I'd thought I introduce my self again here.

As you've probably guessed from the forum user names the name is Steve but on to the more useful part of this introduction I'm a wargamer (is it me or did that sound like an alcoholics anonymous introduction?!) Anyhew........ Wargamer ...yes...... well at least use to be I haven't actually payed a game in over 3 years so apologies in advance am probably incredibly rusty and hence shouldn't pose too much of a challenge to start with.

Unfortunately for my wallet those three years off gaming didn't include three years off from collecting so currently have armies/fleets for (deep breath) 40K (pretty much every army bar the new ones - but manily tau, CSM and guard), Warmachine/Hordes, Warhammer 8th/AOS, X-wing (rebel, imperial and scum), firestorm armada and dystopian wars. Most of which, apart from 40k, I've never actually played except for trying to learn the game on my own (que sad violin music.........) and some even still sat on the sprues as yet unblemished by my exceptionally slow (lack of) painting ability. With that in mind and the angry glare I get from the wife for every inch of space these models are taking up in the garage I thought it best to find a group of like minded individuals and offer myself up as easy gaming prey.

As you've probably guessed from the above list - I'm one of those weird sci-fi/fantasy gamers (sorry), that's not to suggest I cant be swayed to the more contemporary/historical end (naval wargamers you might have more luck as I am ex-navy) but at least to start with I may end up divorced if I buy into another game this soon.

On that note it if anyone is interested it would be great to get a few games in next Saturday (5th Nov) and beyond, let me know what you want me to bring and I look forward to meeting the rest of you in due course.

Steve
Steve

I have played Dystopian Wars naval battles a few times; as yet I have no ships but I'm planning to get a Russian fleet for Christmas. I am booked up for 5th November but if you fancy a game in the near future, please let me know. I have downloaded the rules and have the Russian fleet stats but no critical hits tokens, turning circles etc.

Cheers, Mark B (beardy geezer with the grey hair)
If you are looking to get involved in historical games at some point, there are quite a few of us who would be delighted to introduce you to Field of Glory, both Renaissance (Italians Wars, through ECW/TYW, to just pre-Marlburian) and Ancient/Medieval versions, with armies for you to borrow.
It was good to meet you last Saturday Steve, very pleased to took the plunge and wrote your introduction, well done .
Interested in your interest in Naval games, we will sort out a game with the rest of the guys at some time in the near future.
See you on the 5th.
cheers Kev
And we do have a healthy interest in X-Wing too.
Regards
Mark

Dib Dib Dob Fish Tricycle!
HI Steve. Welcome to the gang
Hi Steve

We will be trying out a couple of games that I purchased through Kickstarter and you are welcome to join in.

1. Project Elite
2. Surviving: One month in

Hope to see you tomorrow

Regards

Law
Sounds great see you guys tommorrow

Steve
Thanks for everything today guys, I really enjoyed it -so much so I may have just bought an army for infinity (oops!) just don't tell my wife or a divorce will be the least of my worries........

thanks again guys and I look forward to seeing you again in two weeks.
Hi Steve,

Glad you enjoyed the game. Which faction did you go for?

I have sorted your forum permissions so you should be able to post in other areas now.

All the best

Phil.